Thursday, October 16, 2014

Midterm #7

 In this Midterm assignment, I use GIMP to modify a famous painting.

Here is the original image file open in GIMP


I've selected the man in the picture and will crop everything else out.

Here is the cropped image with only the man visible. I've also increased the pixel scale to make the picture bigger.

Here, I have pasted the logo from the textbook into a new image file, and have selected the circular portion using the ellipse select tool.

I am scaling the logo here to fit over the man's eyes.

Here, I have pasted the logo into a new layer and moved one over each eye.

I have now added a blacked-out rectangular box for adding text.


Here is the text box with all of the required text added.
Here is the finished JPG!

This is a GIMP exercise demonstrating use of cropping, scaling, layers, and several other GIMP tools. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc














No comments:

Post a Comment