Wednesday, September 24, 2014

MIDTERM 3

This midterm explores some commonly used internet file types for pictures. In this example, we started with a TIFF picture, then converted it to JPEG, GIF, and finally, PNG.

Here is the original picture in TIFF format.



In this shot, the original picture is now open in GIMP.

Here, I have added my name to the top of the picture. I am exporting the picture to JPEG format.
Here is the picture in JPEG format.

In this shot, I am exporting the original TIFF file to GIF format.

One of the options during the GIF conversion is to add Interlace - this allows the picture to appear in stages as it is being downloaded.

This is the picture in GIF format.
Here is a shot of the picture being exported to the final format, PNG.
Here is the picture in PNG format.
 This is a picture being converted to several popular file formats. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment