Thursday, October 2, 2014

MIDTERM #6

In this midterm exercise, I work with image layers in GIMP, as well as create a GIF animation using several different rotating layers.

First Part:

Here is the original "Tux" image I started with

Here, I am creating a new, blank image in GIMP

I have created a layer for inserting text (my name)


Here, I have created an additional white filled layer, and will adjust the transparency so the text shows through

In this shot, I have created another layer, and have copied the tux.gif image onto the layer

I have removed the slightly transparent layer, and all that is left is Tux and the text layer.

Here is the PNG file exported from GIMP!
In the second part, I use gimp to create a rotating, animated GIF:

Here, I am adding a text circle to a new image file
The text circle has been created, and I am copying it
Here is the text circle in a new layer

Using the rotate tool, I have rotated the tool 45 degrees

Here is the rotated text circle

I have repeated the rotation 3 times in different layers, adding 10 degrees to each rotation

Now that I have 3 different rotations, I can export the GIMP file to a GIF with animation that is in a constant loop
Here is the looping GIF!
This is a midterm exercise in which I work with image layers in GIMP, as well as create a GIF animation using several different rotating layers. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment