Thursday, September 18, 2014

MIDTERM 1

Here I started with the redeye.jpg photo from the textbook website.

The photo is now open in GIMP and ready for editing


At this point, the photo is zoomed in Gimp, and the redeye is clearly visible.

Using the dropper tool, I selected the eye color outside of the redeye. You can see the brown color in the color palette next to the picture.
 


Using the brush, I filled in the parts of the eye that were red.
 


Now that the eyes are filled in, I zoomed out to the original size, and saved the picture in GIMP by exporting to JPEG format.  
Here is the final product with red eye fixed!

 This is a demonstration of redeye being removed from a photo in GIMP. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment