Thursday, October 2, 2014

MIDTERM #5

This midterm assignment focuses on taking an existing JPG image and converting it to some different formats in GIMP.

In the first part, I take a JPG and convert it to a Progressive JPG:

Here is the original image


It is now open in GIMP and ready for editing

Here, I have selected the "Export" option, and will be exporting the image to another JPG file called "midterm5a.jpg"

Here are the advanced options for exporting a JPG. As you can see, I have checked the "Progressive" option for exporting the JPG

Here is the Progressive JPG file

The second portion of the assignment focuses on taking the JPG file and converting it to an Interlaced PNG:



Here, the JPG is open again in GIMP

The export window is open and the image format is selected as PNG

Here are the advanced export options - interlacing has been selected

Here is the interlaced PNG!


This is midterm assignment that focuses on taking an existing JPG image and converting it to some different formats in GIMP.. It is a midterm exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc





No comments:

Post a Comment