Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Class 8: Getting Started with Vector and Bitmap Graphics in Scratch

In this assignment, I use MIT's Scratch tool to create/manipulate some bitmap graphics and some vector graphics.


Here, I am watching the video that gives an overview of Scratch

 The following screenshots are the Scratch tutorial I am following:

Adding some sound effects to the Sprite

Adding controls for making the Sprite move and make sound

Adding a new Sprite with some new effects

Reading the Scratch wiki:

Reading the vector graphics wiki

Reading the Paint Editor wiki

Reading the Paint Editor wiki

Reading the Paint Editor wiki
 In these screenshots, I am creating a new graphic in Scratch's Bitmap mode

Adding a new backdrop - I chose the "hill" backdrop

I removed the default cat Sprite, and added a new one, "Paul"

Adding some script effects

When the space bar is pressed, Paul will rotate 15 degrees

Working in vector graphics mode:

Here, I decided to use the "lake" backdrop. I also added two Sprites: the "shark" and "diver 1". I've also added some motion effects, so that when the space bar is pressed, the shark and diver will move back and forth.

Links to projects:Bitmap:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/31745300/

Vector:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/31745720/

This is an assignment featuring MIT's Scratch graphics tool. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc
























No comments:

Post a Comment